Monday 12 December 2016

Mrs. Nita Ambani unveils "The Buddhas Within" and "The Silent Eternity" by Satish Gupta

Curated by Tarana Khubchandani of Art and Soul Cancer Foundation 



The elegant and poised Mrs.Nita Ambani took some time out of her busy schedule and inaugrated "The Buddhas Within by Satish Gupta," a life sized installation at the side lawns of CSVMS Museum that will be placed here for a period of 6 months. 

This was followed by the preview of Satish Gupta's art exhibition titled "The Silent Eternity" at Jehangir Art Gallery curated by effervescent Tarana Khubchandani, the brainchild of Art and Soul Cancer Foundation.  Satish Gupta, a multi-faceted artist whose work is honed through a deep engagement with mysticism and Zen spirit, is a painter, sculptor, poet, writer, printmaker, skilled draftsman, muralist, designer, calligrapher and ceramicist, the unifying theme is his intensely spiritual reflection.

Mrs. Nita Ambani has been Mr.Satish's favourite Patron. While thanking her, he said , " Nitaji you have been one of my favourite patrons and has given me so much joy to create something which I really felt from within to create. You are just amazing and you just let me do what I wanted. I am normally a very private person and I seclude myself from public so its such a joy to see so much warmth when I come out. It is very exhilarating for me as an artist. I look at Nitaji and I only see radiance and warmth like a big lotus and that is why this is for you (gives a lotus) for every morning in the repelling pond a single pink lotus to wish you well always. It's just something that I have felt and I cannot thank you enough"

Speaking on the installation and the art works of Satish Gupta, Mrs. Nita Ambani said that, " Thank you for your kind words Satishji. It is an honour and a delight for me to inaugurate Satishji's grand exhibition The Silent Eternity. When i heard of this , i wanted to be there and lend my support to Satish ji. I have been an admirer of his work his large sculptures to his intricate and brightly coloured  paintings. I have come here today as I see the zen and mysticism in his work that draws all art lovers towards the spirituality his art and that makes it so special. Art has the power to enrich the world. It has the ability to to bring people from different cultures together. India has a huge heritage of art and culture. Reliance foundation is committed to preserving Indian art and culture and showcasing it internationally and all Satishji's works are exciting and I am looking fwd to seeing the rest of the show. Thank you

The mesmerizing quality of "The Buddhas Within" was hypnotic, leading one to pause between meditation and circumambulation. For on the reverse, Buddha’s head  patterned like a cave, its inner walls inscribed with neat rows of Buddhas carved as though by ancient hands on a rock face like edicts from a preceding age. Yet, it is neither old nor rock, but copper, and across the ‘cave’s’ length sprawls the figure of a gilded sleeping Buddha.

The show was one of a kind as Mr. Satish Gupta displayed an amalgamation of sculptures, paintings and Haikus. The exhibition continues till the 5th of December,2016 at Jehangir Art Gallery. Do drop in to witness the masterpieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment